Friday, September 16, 2011

Never enough time

There are only so many hours in a day. It's amazing to hear my children talk to me about being bored with nothing to do. I wonder at what age I stopped having empty spots in my day and I started having no time and having to juggle all my appointments, meetings, and personal tasks.

Well tonight, I finally have some time to check out this tiny thing called Windows 8. After reviewing what I need to get this running, I decided that VMware Workstation 8 is what I would need to get this beast running.

So I have older hardware, an AMD Athlon II X3 with 4 Gb of memory running Windows 7 Professional. It's enough to start off with.

So after finding some excellent instructions on how to install Window 8, I'm at the happy fun time screen:


Wow, this was pretty painless.

Tons of new features to customize, link to Windows Live ID, and bam!!!


Eureka, it just works. Now time to dogfood a new C# application under the new Metrosexual, oh I mean Metro UI Style in Visual Studio 2011. More on this later.

No comments:

Post a Comment