Monday, August 20, 2012

Fixing issue where Win8 Enterprise can't activate

So having some free time, I finally reformatted my development laptop and installed Windows 8 RTM. All goes well until I can't activate it and get the following error message:

Windows couldn't be activated. Error code: 0x8007232B






Ok, so now time to go fix this.

First think to notice is that the key seems to be already entered. Only this is not the accurate key, you will need to install your product key via your particular method. For me, it's via my MSDN subscription.

Run the cmd application in administrator mode.

Move your cursor to a corner to bring up the Win8 overlay. Click on Search and enter cmd.

Now Right Click on the cmd app and select the Run as Administrator



Now enter the command with your given product key as:

slmgr.vbs -ipk "YOUR_PRODUCT_KEY"



You will get a prompt that the product key was installed. Re-activate and it will be successful.




No comments:

Post a Comment